Come help us at the market!
Volunteers are integral for the MIFM's continued success. We can't do it without you! We are regularly looking for volunteer groups or individuals. We need help during market days and throughout the year. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
1) Set up and Take Down Equipment: e.g. canopies, tables, chairs. Volunteers should be able to lift and carry bulky/heavy objects. Morning and afternoon shifts. Great for volunteer groups.
2) Street Flaggers: Direct traffic at both ends of the market to ensure the market street is safe for all. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Some training is required regarding safety practices. Morning and afternoon shifts available.
3) Information Booth: Volunteers should enjoy interacting with the public, answering questions, helping with lost and found, etc. Available in 2-hour shifts throughout the day.
4) Programs and Events: Assist with market tastings, at the Children's Table, conducting market surveys, taking photos, and more.
5) Other and Non-Market Day Activities: consider participation in a Board Committee such as Development, Marketing, or Programs.
Thank you to our weekly volunteer partner organizations:
VOICE (Volunteer Outreach in Communities Everywhere ) a program of the City Youth & Family Services Department provides organized volunteer opportunities to Mercer Island middle and high-school age youth.
National Charity League (NCL): The Evergreen Chapter of the National Charity League is a philanthropic organization that fosters mother-daughter relationships and is committed to community service. Mothers & daughters volunteer together.
Mercer Island High School Key Club: The Mercer Island High School Key Club has come to the rescue of MIFM in September and October when fewer volunteers are available to help. Key Clubs are supported by Kiwanis and perform acts of service in their communities and learn leadership skills.