"The Mercer Island Farmers Market connects growers, consumers, and the Island business community to create a valuable, sustainable community asset."
The Mercer Island Farmers Market is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors. Daily operations of the market are overseen by a part-time Market Manager and Assistant.
2016 market highlights
- Over 1,700 pounds of food donated to local organizations
- Over $1,100 in charitable Market Bucks collected
- Two tons of waste diverted from landfills each Market month
- Over $3,200 in Senior and WIC dollars collected via the WA State Farmers Market Nutrition and Food Program
- 64 vendor participants
- Over $700,000 in sales
- An average of 2-3,000 customers per Market
- Over 900 volunteer hours logged